How to Stream
To replace cable, you need 3 things:
1. An internet connection
If you live in Braintree, MA, count on BELD Internet for surfing and streaming.
Sign up for BELD Internet
Families and individuals with middleweight streaming needs will do great with BELD's Hometown Special.
Other residences (or home businesses) might prefer a faster, more heavyweight plan, even Gig speed. BELD Internet has a solution for everyone, with competitive plans & pricing and award-winning customer service.
THE HOMETOWN SPECIAL 100/30 Mbps
2. An internet-connected TV or device
Televisions with smart TV technology are ready to stream out of the box. For older TVs you can install a streaming device. You also can stream through your computer, tablet or smart phone.
For a non-streaming option to replace cable, you can access over-the-air channels via a TV antenna. Read on for details.
If you own a SMART TV, you can stream right now.
Newer televisions with smart TV technology can connect to the Internet and access apps.
Not sure if your TV is smart? Call the BELD HelpDesk and we’ll help you figure it out.
Otherwise, connect your TV to a STREAMING DEVICE
If your primary TV isn't smart, or you have a second or third TV that needs to get connected, you'll need to use a streaming device. BELD will install one device in your home for free as part of our current promotional offers.
Some popular contenders are:
For a non-streaming option, purchase an ANTENNA
Did you know you can watch about a dozen over-the-air, high-definition channels for free without an Internet connection?
Yes, the simplest and cheapest cable alternative is a blast from the past: the indoor TV antenna. Most Braintree homes can pick up at least PBS, NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox and The CW. Check out the FCC’s Service Map for details.
3. A streaming provider
Now you know how to watch. Next decide what to watch.
Just about every station and channel is streaming these days, from HBO and NFL Network to the Hallmark Channel. Some platforms are free, and others have a monthly subscription fee. Even the fee-based providers are much cheaper than cable.
Here are some options:
LIVE TV streaming services
These options offer local channels, networks and live TV, plus on-demand content:
- YouTube TV. Live TV from 70+ channels. Local sports and news. No cable box, contracts or hidden fees.
- Hulu + Live TV. Watch your favorite live sports, news, entertainment and more. Plus, get unlimited access to the entire Hulu streaming library.
- fuboTV. The world’s only sports-focused live TV streaming service with top leagues and teams, plus popular shows, movies and news for the entire household.
- AT&T TV Now (formerly DirectTV Now). Stream TV live and on-demand — anytime, anywhere, all on your favorite devices.
Here are more budget-friendly options:
ON-DEMAND streaming services
These services feature exclusive content, original programming and movie/TV libraries:
- Netflix. Watch movies & TV shows online or stream right to your smart TV, game console, PC, Mac, mobile, tablet and more.
- Amazon Prime Video. Get movies, shows, award-winning Amazon originals, new releases, kids and family programming, premium channels, sports and more. Watch HD quality on any device.
- HBO Max. Premiering Warner Bros. blockbuster movies every month, plus HBO & Max originals, including groundbreaking series, documentaries and specials.
- Disney+ The ultimate streaming destination for Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and more.
- Hallmark Movies Now. Stream family favorite movies from Hallmark Channel.
- ESPN+. Stream live sports, featured series, ESPN+ originals, college and international games, award-winning originals and more.
- STARZ. Watch original series and today's best movies.
- Showtime. Enjoy unlimited streaming of every series and entire seasons. features thousands of movies, docs and more!
- Paramount Plus. Live news and sports, on-demand shows and movies. Previously CBS All Access.
- Peacock. Iconic shows and movies, exclusive originals, live news and sports.